Well, as I’ve unofficially taken August off as a kind of healing/holiday time in bits and pieces, I shall consider my goals for September. Simon has been out on gardening commitments and I’ve had Mrs Mop duties most weekends but in between we’ve popped down to our local pool of an afternoon which has been delightful. A lot of people are quite shocked that we don’t have our own swimming pool – the stereotypical expat apparently does. Well there isn’t anything stereo typical about us and anyway at 5 Euro’s a day, ten minutes down the road band someone else cleaning the pool, what’s not to like?
I’m going to set myself four ‘big’ goals, one for each week, which won’t get completed within the week, but will be started so here we go.
- Complete the edit on All Will Be Well (and as of this morning I may have a better title – a writer is never away from her work.
- Full read through of The Promise (next WiP for publication) and identify plot problems
- Write one new Penny and George story – in desperate need of some humour
- Submit a short story for publication, possibly a third for the Story Shack – I love them because they have illustrations especially drawn for your piece.
- Yeah, I know I said four but a girl can change her mind can’t she? I’m going to start practising lettering. I’ve been hankering a desire to learn calligraphy and this is a start (this month I’ve been practising doodling…)
Oh, and make a plan so that these goals happen 😉
Ciao for now,