It’s that time of year when the evenings are long and cold and there is nothing better than snuggling up on the sofa with a good book or…
a TV series fest. Actually, I rarely ‘fest’, particularly not with TV series. Simon would quite happily spend the whole evening playing at wall to wall catch up. I prefer to let things simmer. I need time to absorb one viewing before I move onto the next. It depends on the genre of TV series, the ‘proving’ time is quite critical with intricate plot lines as in crime and thrillers. Not so much with the lighter stuff of romance and historical, but all the same, I like a measured approach. Call me old fashioned, but I never kissed on a first date. 😘
So here are my top five, some are current some are not but they’re all rather different.
- The Crown – Absolutely love Matt Smith and it’s great to see him in something completely different. I’m a bit of a Royalist, if I’m honest, blame the romantic in me. I always fell asleep dreaming that I would wake up to a Prince kissing my hand!
- Call The Midwife– the current series has just started and I always have a box of tissues to hand. Tears of joy or sadness, this programme never disappoints. I just love Sister Monica Joan with her declining mental health and the wonderful, flawed Trixie battling with the drink demons.
- Downton Abbey – Sadly no longer, but I’ve watched every single one. The concept of ‘upstairs’ and ‘downstairs’ has always intrigued me. The setting was always stupendous as were the gorgeous Springer Spaniels who frequented the set. And I’d watch anything with Hugh Bonneville in it. Such a versatile actor.
- Luther – What more do I need to say? Idris Elba. Mmmm. I think a new season is due out this year.
- Game of Thrones – Have read all the books to date and eagerly await The Winds of Winter. They’re big books to read with huge cast lists and watching it on TV enhances that experience without diluting it.
Come on, can’t wait to read about yours and maybe find a new viewing experience?